A fire in a home can be both devastating and life treating. Even if a seemly small fire happens, smoke damage can ruin contents in the house. It is essential to get a specialised company like Home Insurance Repairs to fix this problem as we have the expertise to solve fire damage. If you suffered fire damage in your home contact Home Insurance Repairs today and we can give you sound advice in restoring your home as soon as possible. Fire prevention is key in household, and below is a list of tips to ensure your home is protected against such events. Call us today 1890 DAMAGE.
Fire prevention tips:
- Fit smoke alarms to all levels of your home
- Produce a fire escape plan; make all occupants aware of it.
- Try this escape drill in the dark at least once.
- Make children aware of the dangers of fire.
- Try not to clutter main escape routes in your home.
- Most fires happen in the kitchen so occupants need to be extra cautious.
- Children should not be left alone in the kitchen.
- Do not clutter kitchen with paper document close to cookers, stoves etc.
- A high number of fires start when there is a power cut when the home owner uses candles for light, be extra vigilant with the placement of candles and their storage device. Never leave candles in unattended rooms.
- A closed door can contain a fire, so try to get in a routine of closing doors when going to bed.
- Avoid overloading power sockets, and ensure all electrical appliances are in good working order.
- Keep matches or lighters out of reach of children at all times.
- Try not to leave electrical items on stand by. By switching them off saves energy and gives you peace of mind that no electrical fault will happen.